Monday, March 20, 2006

Blasphemy in Bombay!!!!!

It’s a sad day in Indian cricket. No…it’s a sad day for India. I can’t remember the last time I became emotional, but today my heart is in pain.
God got booed. In his own abode!!

Aaaahh, the mob…they can be unforgiving, can’t they?
Now the press will pick on Him. They have smelt the blood. They have sensed the mood of the nation. They will play along now. After a decade of orgasmic praise to Him, they have found new vents to their lust. Rahul’s the taste of the town right now. (he can’t make a wrong move, right? The same sluts who were calling for his exclusion when he could not understand the concept of those empty spaces called gaps in the field are now having sex with him. This too shall pass, Rahul. Coz sluts will be sluts.they will find othe clients)

But back to God. I know what everyone is saying. I can hear them whispering all round me. The infidels. The non-believers. They are gaining in number. They are finding support. Darkness has pervaded cricket and India.

Every man is allowed his irrationalities. This is mine. No, I cannot be objective about Sachin. I cannot stand criticism of my God, no matter how constructive it is .I can’t make a cold calculation about the number of runs scored in the last 10 matches.

Sachin rises above all that. He has made cricket what it is in India. Long before India was shining, he provided hope. To a nation confused, he was our messiah. To a country in flux, he was the constant. To a life in misery, he was the beacon of hope. In the maddening, changing 90’s, he was the silver lining. The standout performer, the angel who could do no wrong.
When the stock markets plummeted. When Harshad Mehta scammed India. When the Babri Masjid was brought down. When a million governments changed. When a sleepy farmer became prime minister. When dotcom went bust. When getting into Infy was a big thing. He stood tall. At 5 feet 5 inches.

When I was in my formative years. When I was a teenager. When I was giving my boards. When I doubted the system. When I wanted to rebel. When I was asking “why not” to everything. When my world was confusing

God made me believe. He was the constant. He would be there. He would perform. He would let the bat do the talking. He would get those breakthroughs with those magic dobblies. He couldn’t drop a catch. Ever. He wouldn’t sledge. He wouldn’t bat as much as eyelid when given out wrongly. He would be the perfect gentleman. He wouldn’t get involved in controversies (like Mahesh and Lee’s split, Sania’s comments, Dada’s striptease, Greg’s interviews, Salman’s driving, Sharukh’s sexuality, Aamir’s brooding,…) No, he wouldn’t sleep around. He wouldn’t lose his grounding. He wouldn’t let all the adulation go to His head.

To me, He is God.

Aaahh…this pain…who said I’m incapable of emotion? Today I weep for my hero, my belief system, my God. Today I’m sad. But my faith remains unshakeable. And I beseech Him to rise above this temporary state of stupor. To show these mortals a little bit of divinity.

I call out to all believers
Now is the time to stay strong. Now is the time to keep the faith. God will reincarnate. He will delight us all. He will score. Beautiful, Magnificient runs.

All the naysayers and infidels, you just wait till World Cup 2007.

You’ll see. You’ll all see!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger sudeep said...

Quite a Godly adulation of the God. Didnt read it then but I am glad that it's better late then never. Amazingly written!! Way to go!! Long Live the God!!

3/21/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seems to be good post. I just go through it. i appreciate your work. Thank you for the information.

MBA Colleges ranking

1/17/2012 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home